CONDITIONS OF HIRE - CONTAINERS NOT TO BE MOVED ONCE DEPOSITED - MAXIMUM LOAD & TONNES
1. (a) That the waste material is of such nature that the regulations issued by the Secretary of State under the Deposit of Poisonous Waste Act 1972 (hereinafter called the "Act") in force on the date of the removal of each loaded container exempt the waste material being removed from the provisions of the Act.
or (b) that the required notice has been served under the provisions of Section 3 (1) of the Act on the required Authorities in the form required by Section 3 (2) of the Act covering the removal of each loaded container.
2. Customers warrant that with respect to each container ordered to be placed other than on private property the permission of the Highways Authority has been duly obtained under Section 31 of the Highways Act 1971, and Customers undertake that they will ensure that all conditions subject to which the aforesaid permission is granted shall be observed at all times and in particular will secure that the container will be properly lighted during the hours of darkness and they shall ensure the safe loading of materials into the containers.
3. All parking and skip fines are the customer’s responsibility. The company will not be liable for any penalties or other liabilities arising as a result of the failure of the customer to comply with Section 31 of the Highways Act 1971. The company reserve the right to request supporting documentation from the customer relating to compliance with Council road permits and suspended bay authorisations. Responsibility for maintaining validity of said permits and authorisations and of keeping the company updated always remain with the customer.
4. Customers requesting or ordering vehicles delivering or collecting containers to leave the Public Highway must accept full responsibility for claims, damages or expenses we may thereby sustain whether as a result of damage to the vehicles themselves or containers or the property of customers or third parties or any personal injuries to the customers or third parties and will indemnify us against all claims, demands and costs howsoever arising.
5. Customers shall reimburse us in respect of any loss or damage to the containers whilst on hire to them from whatsoever cause the same may arise (fair wear and tear excepted).
6. B&K Environmental Services Ltd reserve the right to apply any additional charges if at the time of completing the service the skip is overloaded, loaded insecurely or with inappropriate/hazardous material; or if there is no access to site. Please be advised any of the following materials may incur surcharges: Carpet, Rubber, Plasterboard, Tarmac, Vinyl/Laminated Flooring, Laminated Glass, Insulation, Asphalt, Felt, Astroturf, Computer Tiles, Corrugated Cement Sheets, Fridges, Mattresses, Tyres, TV/Computer Monitors, Asbestos, Gaz Bottles, Paint Cans, Batteries.
7. Skips can be hired for a maximum period of 14 days only, when exceeding this period additional charges may apply.
8. Containers must not be moved once deposit.
9. Any wasted journey with no fault of our own will be charged to customer at the same rate of the haulage cost to corresponding area on the map.
10. Should the company become aware that customers have our containers and are not in compliance with the above terms and conditions of hire, we reserve the right to remove the container immediately without notice.