B&K Environmental Services Ltd, collect, use and are responsible for personal information obtained from you. We are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which apply across the European Union.
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how your personal information is controlled, processed, handled and protected. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities.
B&K Environmental Services Ltd is a service provider and may collect personal information from you in order to deliver our service, including such personal information as:
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Company address
- Property address
- Details of your service requirements
- Invoice payment details
We only collect personal information when we have a legitimate business requirement to do so
The data that we have collected and hold securely has come from several sources, which are listed below:
- Contact provided via website, social media or other digital mediums;
- Signed up via our mailing list subscription;
- Contact made regarding recruitment opportunities;
- Data compliant agency, recruitment agent, developer, estate agent, letting agent, property management agent or other such business acting on your behalf;
- Exhibitions, events and networking;
- Business meetings;
- Through direct contact with customers.
We collect personal information about you so that we can provide our services, communicate and share any related information you may request. We may also use this personal information for purposes related to our service including:
- To administer our service;
- Notify you of any changes to an appointment or service;
- Verify your identity or check personal details are up to date;
- To take payment from you for the services which we provide;
- To arrange and carry out viewings of your property location;
- To better understand your requirements and provide you with services specific to your needs;
- To help answer any questions which you have asked us to respond to;
- Communicate with you about relevant services, reminders, safety or legal matters;
- To provide you with general updates in relation to waste services;
- Carry out feedback requests to help us improve our service to you;
- To provide you with information and marketing, which we reasonably believe may be relevant to you based on the services we have provided to you;
- To comply with applicable laws where we are obliged to retain and or disclose certain information;
- To investigate or address complaints or claims relating to your use of our services;
- For internal and external auditing purposes;
- To collect a debt which is owed to us.
We may also provide your personal information to other companies for the purposes of administering our services, which includes:
- Third parties and their associated companies or approved contractors as part of delivering our services to you;
- Where you have provided your consent for the purpose of discussing your requirements for other such relative services;
- Law enforcement bodies and or other regulatory authorities in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order including the police and local authorities;
- Debt collection companies to assist us in collecting any monies which you owe to us where payment is overdue;
- Our professional advisers, for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Third parties as necessary in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services;
- Third parties that may require information to monitor our standards.
B&K Environmental Services Ltd do not sell or otherwise share or release your personal data to any third party for the purpose of allowing them to market their services or products.
B&K Environmental Services Ltd is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We safeguard your personal data by using secure data storage and systems that meet the GDPR compliance requirements. We also use the professional services of contractors to maintain, upgrade and manage our online, website, server storage, e-mail security and anti-virus software. However, although we take reasonable precautions to protect access from unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment.
Under the GDPR compliance requirements we shall advise you at the first available opportunity should your data be stolen, accessed, copied, used or authorise in an unlawful manor. We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information, such as to avoid sending confidential information over unsecure email.
You have rights in relation to your personal information. This is subject to certain exemptions and legal requirements for us to hold your data for tax, audits and legal reasons. Your rights include:
- Access to personal information;
- To object to the processing, storage or how we use your personal data;
- To rectify or erase personal information;
- To restrict the processing of your personal data;
- To obtain a copy of the personal data we store;
- To lodge a complaint with the ICO.
Please contact us if you require further information. We will aim to respond to any requests for information promptly and within the legally required time limits under the GDPR of 40 days.
We are legally required to ensure that the data that we hold is accurate and up to date. If we discover that data is incorrect then we will correct it or remove it as necessary. If your situation changes and the information that we provide is no longer relevant, then please contact us so that we can act accordingly.
There are various legal requirements and professional guidelines about keeping certain kinds of records, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes, or information on aspects of health and safety. We only keep personal data to comply with a requirement like this, or if we believe your data to still be accurate or believe you to be a valued customer of ours. We consider our data retention in the following ways:
- Review the length of time we keep your personal data;
- Consider the purpose or purposes we hold the information for in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it;
- Securely delete information that is no longer needed for this purpose or these purposes; and
- Update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR requirements. We use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our marketing mailing list. Detail of how we obtain data is covered in the ‘how we collect data’ section of this policy.
If you feel you are on this list without consent, please let us know and we will act responsibly to ensure GDPR compliance. B&K Environmental Services Ltd, ensure any data is secured safely. We may hold the following information about you within our systems:
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- I.P address;
- Subscription time & date;
We may also contact you in future by phone, mail or other marketing methods, such as social media. We only do so where we reasonably believe that there are additional services that you may be interested in or relevant to you. We always ensure you have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us.
When completing an online form to book a service, enquire, provide feedback, get a quote or anything else, we may receive personal data, such as a name, address, email address, telephone number and other information provided by you.
If you have any complaints concerning B&K Environmental Services Ltd processing your personal data, please contact our data controller via the details below. We will always react accordingly to any complaint and look to resolve any issues promptly. However, please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority that is responsible for the protection of personal data.
The data controller is B&K Environmental Services Ltd (Registration 05871688, England), Civic Way, Ruislip, Middlesex, HA4 0YP
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any part of this policy, please contact us:
020 8839 3147
Civic Way, Ruislip HA4 0YP
v1 May 2019